Is your career heading toward a Dead End? Are you feeling stuck in your career?
The Great Resignation or the Great Re-Shuffle or the Great Re-evaluation….whatever you want to call it, sure seems real to me. I have been speaking with so many people who are feeling stuck. Sometimes stuck in their jobs, but usually stuck in their career choice.
Do any of these resonate?
· Not feeling fulfilled by the work you are doing
· Feeling exhausted, over-whelmed – burnt out!
· Feeling taken advantage of
· Feeling lost and not like yourself
· Feeling like your value system is being compromised
· Ready for more responsibility or a promotion
· Bored yet comfortable
I believe one silver lining of the pandemic is that it has caused many to re-evaluate their priorities and purpose in life. For many, coasting on autopilot is just not good enough anymore.
Are you ready to get in the driver’s seat of your life, choose your own destination that aligns with your purpose and get there quickly? This life is not a dress rehearsal…you get one shot to walk in your purpose.
A lot of people are ok with autopilot and coasting…but is that you?
The time is now. Now…is the best time to act and make a change! Stop procrastinating. Ask yourself this, if you do nothing, where will you be 1 year, 5 years, 20 years from now?
Here are some kick-starter ideas and questions for you to consider take action:
1. Spend some time thinking….REALLY thinking. Here are some things to consider: what brings you joy in your current situation? What are you great at and actually enjoy doing? What are the things that drain you? What obstacles are in your way? What assumptions are you making about your current situation?
2. If you could imagine your future self, what does it look like? Here are some things to imagine: What are you doing? What is happening with your relationships? What does your day-to-day life look like? Where are you living?
3. Evaluate the gap. Compare your future self to your current reality. What are you doing today that contributes to that vision of your future self? What is detracting?
4. Plan your route – What action steps do you need to take that will get you from where you are today to where you want to go? What are the timelines?
And if you don’t know where to begin, you might need a co-pilot in your car. That’s where a coach can help. Let’s connect. It costs you nothing to have a connection call with me…but consider, what is the cost if you do nothing?